Cheap Cordless drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old cheap cordless drill has just packed up after 8 years.
Anyone recommend a half decent cordless drill for under £60, preferably with a hammer action.

I know you generally get what you pay for, but this isn't going to be used all the time, plus I can't afford spending a lot on one.

My old one was a 14v cordless hammer drill, which has served well. not sure if 18v would be a better choice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ads

Sponsored Links
ALDI are doing an 18V drill for £19 this week. 3 year warranty can't be bad.

iep

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help guys.
I have heard good things about Ryobi stuff. I was thinking that maybe i am better off spending a bit more and maybe getting one where the batteries are interchangeable in case i get other cordless stuff.

I hyave had Aldi stuff before and seems ok, especially for things that you maybe use once a year or so, but thinking if i'm going to buy something new maybe something a bit better may be best.

I quite like the look of the Ryobi CDI-1441 14.4 Volt in foxhole's post below, but they are out of stock, is this an old model as all the other Ryobi stuff i have seen are a yellow/green colour!

The screwfix kit isn't a hammer drill and only ni-cd batteries but still a very good kit.

99% shure it hammer i have a similar model and the ring behind the chuck is the selector ring if you look at the top you will see oblong with 2 symbols one is a drill spiral the other one is a "t" shaped hammer symbol

besides never seen a driver with a side handle and depth stop ;)

Well technically he's right, it's not a hammer drill. It's a percussion drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back