cheap

Perhaps this is more acceptable yaleguy3 as you can't read and comprehend the written word without twisting what has been written to suit your own ends. First line deleted.
"
--------------------Deleted--------------------------------

& what about your previous post about GSM RedCARE, have you got it going? I suspect not.

Why not answer the questions we asked, it's the only way WE can help YOU, none of us are mind readers. We ask the questions to help formulate the correct answer, you don't reply, people tend to get snippy, what do you expect.

There are years & years of experience here, do you really want to loose out on all that?

Think about it & start again.

One day, you might be one of us, but as things are at the moment, I won't hold my breath. "

Sponsored Links
Yaleguy3
I have no idea what the hell you are on about. However, as Bernard said, have you read the other threads?. I think we can take that as a pretty big NO!!

I do note that you have followed your usual pattern, namely, posting well into a thread and adopting a self appointed position of perceived superiority - without of course, being aware of even some of the facts.

Your comments show that you too have not got the faintest idea of the implications and concerns regarding the apparent actions of the OP. Those of us in the industry do - and with good reason. No one mentioned you in this thread but yet you took it upon yourself to start throwing mud. Why? We all accept you're a 'bit of a wizz' on your preferred product. Unfortunately you have simply highlighted the fact you know little to nothing about anything more within the industry.

Now, onto your accusations.
Regarding my name/pseudonym, only you could read something into that. As it happens, it was not being used and i therefore chose it. Nothing self aggrandising because it does actually apply to me. Quite why you have a class issue whilst previously banging on about living in a big house worth, oooh loadsa money is beyond me. That said, qualifications have always been a bit of an issue with you haven't they?
How many times have you said you're 17th Ed PAT qualified? - even though there is no such thing. AND at best, it's a one/two day course on how to use a meter.
Whilst on the subject of names, care to explain why you use Yaleguy3?
Don't be shy.

Now, can you please explain, in clear language, what exactly you are referring to when you mention bogus calls on witheld numbers and breach of Comms Act. For someone so keen to have everyone up in front of m'lud for posting slights against you, a clear explanation and evidence of your facts is the least you can do. Me? i have no idea what the hell you are on about.

Nobody here has mentioned you all week, yet in you come throwing mud against people without showing any evidence that the questions asked of you regarding your accusations against another company remain unanswered.

Do yourself a favour, get off your donkey and stop preaching about things you know little to nothing about. You might want to concentrate on the price war going on in your area regarding 'professionally installed' and your toy product.

Do any of the forums rules ever get followed by you washer women.
Regardless of how you 'percieve' what this poster does or whether what you believe he is doing is right or wrong is it really necessary to keep embarrasing yourselves in this way. Incidentally even if he is a sparkie fitting alarms he has not broken the law nor has he transgressed any consumer laws . You could have a big debate over whether only registered installers should be allowed to install alarms but that is a lobby to parliament and a change in the law as things stand. Harping and trolling on here will not achieve anything other than making yourselves look spoilt petulant truculant and pathetic.

I like the way you gang up safety in numbers even behind a keyboard :rolleyes:

perhaps you all need to read this.. //www.diynot.com/forums/rules.php

You might want to pay attention to the following:-

1) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome. This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

Perhaps if you don't want this chap to succeed simply do not answer his posts that way he doesn''t get the benefit of your help.

Noone asked you to join this forum and give away your valuable knowledge and experience for free if you resent doing it then why bother.
As it is he just realises that this forum is full of in his words ''dickheads'.
With my experience I am hardly likely to challenge his assumption , in fact all credit to him for realising so soon.
lol
You never have understood irony have you?? :LOL:

Incidentally even if he is a sparkie fitting alarms he has not broken the law nor has he transgressed any consumer laws .

If he self describes himself as an alarm installer then he could be committing the offence of mis-representation. That could lead to a charge of obtaining benefit by deception. ( benefit = payment for a service the person claims he or she can provide but in reality cannot provide to a satisfactory standard. )

Sponsored Links
PMSL @ you yaleman, thank you for your observations, have you given up YALE for psycology now???

incidentally, my "lol" was in response to Europlex and Alarms comments on footwear, and not the OP's attempt at sourcing cheap bell boxes which any engineer in the trade could do.

I have real concerns if an engineer has problems testing one of the most important parts of his installation. I therefor have doubts about his experience within the trade.

5 members on here asked questions to which no answers were given in that thread. WHY??? they were simple questions.

YG3, why attack when all we have done is voice "an opinion".
The OP`s clear lack of understanding with Police responce kit is frightening. He seems to claim to be an "engineer" yet has no knowledge of the basics.
We have given the best advice possible with the limited detaisl given. All indications show he cannot even comprehend the instructions given.

You pile in as per, into a subject you have admitted yourself you know virtually nothing about. I thought we had come to some understanding after the last time you asked for info, we said its not quite correct in what you were doing but ALL gave assistance and links where possible. Then like some rabid dog you then turn again.

Noticed a few doing this over this weekend, the weather too hot for you?
As you so happy to point out, your trolling a thread. Your buddy did this yesterday and got threads decimated. Have you really got nothing better to do.
At least we assist people, and as you forget we are allowed to have an opinion. As you have, and have just exercised.

As much as I am extremely grateful for your assistance in the previous thread where you helped me I fail to see how somehow you feel this absolved you of your responsibilities for all the threads you trashed or all the previous attacks you have subject me to.
One swallow does not make a summer and I am merely pointing out that your behaviour per this poster is absolutely as you would expect from your groups previous track record.
Its quite sweet that now you play the injured party but you ain't fooling anyone.

I fully understand why you should be concerned about someone fitting an alarm when they have no experience or qualifications , however this is how it has been since time immemorial.
If you want to change the system then as mentioned keep lobbying the authorities.
Your only claim to any rights are for police response systems or an insurance requirement anything outside of that realm (your realm) is entirely up to the customer or the installer.
I do not doubt that there are good and bad installers among the non accredited but there are many stories I have read about the quality of Aunt Daisy installations. In fact lets not even go there about people being on their high horses about 'protecting people' with silent alarms when in fact all they are really protecting is the monthly service charge.
The most disengenious and diabolical misdirection ever thrust upon an unwitting public is the totally false assertion that you are better of without an external SAB and that a decoy is just as good. Yeah right tell that to the victims when the alarm goes off on Saturday night and none of the neighbours hear it because it doesn't make a noise and the local police don't respond because they are all tied up fighting drunks after the local clubs turf out.
If the original poster has had trouble linking redcare to the ARC that does not mean the alarm was for police response. My recent engineers specifically asked for a redcare line to be in place for the alarm . It is not a police response urn line but simply to the ARC and keyholders.
The fact that I noticed the redcare line was not actually subsequently connected to the endstation and that I had to call them back to connect it . . well lets not go there but hey they are the professionals that seemingly everybody needs and cannot survive without.
I suppose the original poster attempts to get the redcare line working are actually perferable to someone asking for a redcare line to be installed and then not even attempting to connect it at all.

I totally rebutt any allegations of wading in to a thread since I assumed that this is how this forum is to be used after studying the behaviour of regular members such as yourselves (Bernard excepted)

I find your continual attempts to connect me to spacecat quite amusing too. Have not a clue who is is, nor what he does or where he comes from he is simply another forum user. Why he behaves as he does you would only have to ask yourselves. I have actually no doubt that if you look back into his posting history he probably had the temmerity to post a yale thread and got summarily shafted by the resident hounds.
That would probably go some way to explaining his behaviour.

I suppose the original poster attempts to get the redcare line working are actually perferable to someone asking for a redcare line to be installed and then not even attempting to connect it at all.

Testing the RedCare FUNCTION to monitoring station is an ESSENTIAL part of any system using RedCare or similar critical communication link.

Anyone who installs but does not test and commission has failed to complete the work. That person is possibly un-suitable for role. Anyone who does not know how to test and commission is totally un-suitable for role.

Anyone who looks for cheap sources of equipment is risking the installation of counterfeit equipment in the system. Counterfeit components often fail prematurely if they even work at all when installed.

I fully understand why you should be concerned about someone fitting an alarm when they have no experience or qualifications , however this is how it has been since time immemorial.

My experience ( Warden Call, sheltered homes schemes and other critical systems linked to paging alerters ) is that installation staff were fully trained in the equipment's operation and installation. They were also made fully aware of the implications of any negligence or failure on their part to fully test and commission the system.]

There were and still are cowboys out there but sensible and informed people avoid using them.

In fact lets not even go there about people being on their high horses about 'protecting people' with silent alarms when in fact all they are really protecting is the monthly service charge.

There are many situations where a silent alarm is essential to the sucessful achievement of the installation's prime purpose of personnal protection.

So Yaleguy3

After posting your latest rant, perhaps you would be so kind as to actually reply to concens about your previous witless diatribe?

And i see you're still knocking the 'phantom' installer even though you clearly haven't a scooby about the actual issues.

Thanks YG3 for saying my GROUP, never knew I had elevated to such status.
As for the rest of your comments, again they are the usual nonsence. You mention time in memorial about others fitting alarms, but we are were sorry discussing Redcare, not just alarms. Obviously you lack of knowledge of the product is again hampering your thought process again. How many varients of Redcare are there for example?

Your comments on "silent" systems again totally unwarranted, incorrect and again shows your lacking again.

I dont really need to carry on.

As for comparing you to spacker, never have. Apart from you both having a great skill of talking a lot about something your not even slightly knowledgeable about.

Run off to the mods again and have this removed, your both good at that. For sure!

Its really is sooo simple.
For a domestic alarm for a typical domestic property not having an external audible device is absolutely ridiculous.
End of NO argument - no further discussion.

We are NOT talkin here about a commercial property or a bank or any other property where a silent alarm WILL engender the response of the police.
We are talking about a typical domestic property where the decisions applied before plod will even deign to get out of his warm cosy station and his chit chat with his lady colleagues will include
1. What else are his officers already busy with
2. Have they got anybody free to attend
3. What is the likely outcome of attending?
4. Are the perps still onsite?
5. Is the urn still on the respond list
6. If not are there any witnesses stating someone is still onsite?
7, Can it be dealt with at a later date by simply issueing a crime number so the victims can claim on their insurance for the laptop and iphone that were stolen,
8. Has there been a report of any vehicles being stolen from the house in which case we will send out a crime number but get out our fast response vehicles to play cops and robbers while endangering everyone out on the roads.

Anyone without an external sounder in a typical domestic property has simply been conned by the alarm company into buying into an expensive service contract with NO GUARANTEES of police response.

Any other argument against this is purely sales babble and trickery.

Even the statistics themselves get twisted.

Zurich insurance concluded that 30% of people questioned would ignore a burglar alarm.
This survey response was actually used by a company to defend why it did not install external sounders the inference being they get ignored anyway and you would be better with a line to the police (who might ignore you aswell.)

If I was to look at the survey result that 30% of people ignore burglar alarms I would actually have my faith in human nature restored because that might actually indicate that 70% of people WOULD respond to an audible burglar alarm.

Don't worry about me having threads removed I don't mind anything you post up on site. The truth is you owe me a huge debt of gratitude when you made racist comments on site I suggested they were dealt with before the site (who is responsible for removing racist or libelous comments when posted ) was sued.
You don't know much about legal matters I have noted and clearly you are in blissful ignorance about what you can post on these forums and the position you keep putting the ISP and site in.
The fact you have not been removed from the site despite continually breaking forum rules indicated you may have some involvement here or perhaps pay towards its upkeep with some advertising revenue.

Your position as multimillionaire ALARM posting on this site as some sort of vanguard to protect the innocent and unwary public from electricians installing alarms is just too comical to contemplate.

At the end of the day it hardly matters what security you install whether it is state of the art all singing all dancing CCTV and a grade 3/4 alarm.

The alarm went off at my property and the net result was the keyholders arrived onsite to see if any entry had been made. Of course in that 20 minutes they took to arrive the thieves could have made off with whatever they had decided to steal and have been 10 minutes down the road or in reality miles away.
Of course we had the cctv of but that may have only revealed someone with scarves on their faces and hats on their heads.
As it happens it was neither as you know but simply a false alarm..you know the thing you keep insisting happens all the time with the toy alarms..

I installed an alarm at the weekend for a young couple and it was really quite heartening and simple.

When demonstrating the system (handover) I explained the use of the part set option and as usual set it and went upstairs to then walk down to show how the system works when armed.
Normally I try to get a pir in the hallway as an entry device so that when coming downstairs it starts the panel counting down which is a reminder to unset it before going into a protected zone.
Since they did not want to pay for an extra pir to cover that zone I simply walked past the panel and into the lounge which immediately sounded the alarm. The homeowner startled by the extremely loud internal siren immediately rushed to the panel and disabled the alarm using the method I had just previously taught her.

Its just like it says on the tin.

Its really is sooo simple.
For a domestic alarm for a typical domestic property not having an external audible device is absolutely ridiculous.
End of NO argument - no further discussion.

That suggests you do not want to hear the valid reasons for having a silent alarm on a typical domestic property. OK continue to be ignorant of the reasons.

Well maybe one hint for you. The police, who you seem to lack confidence in, are not the only people who can LEGALLY respond to a silent alarm.

The fact that I noticed the redcare line was not actually subsequently connected to the endstation and that I had to call them back to connect it .

The above is a quote from Yale guy 3

Err how did you notice?

Was it the missing line block?
The cable not attached to the STU?

The fact the ARC had COMMS FAILURE, NO "UPPING" OR TESTING?

Could go into the other drivel. Sorry comments made with a complete misunderstanding of signaling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back