Cheaper alternate to Lincrusta????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok - following from my other thread ref my dogs claws wrecking my wallpaper..Lincrusta wallpaper was suggested as its hard wearing.

So I looked it up and it is the stuff I was thinking of..I've seen it in pubs and hotels and its tough gggrrr But then I noticed its roughly £139.00 per roll..... :eek: eeekk!

Is Vinyl coated paper a good hard wearing alternative..its seems to be much more affordable..or is there another wallpaper that would be tough as old boots like Lincrusta but without the "near wet your pants" scary price tag??

Sponsored Links
Told you it was expensive! Looks the pups nuts though.

There isn't a wall covering that i know of thats as tough, a vinyl may be better as an embossed paper is always going to be more prone to being damaged. TBH it sounds like wall paper isn't your best bet. You can skim the walls with toupret tx130 and rub down and get very dusty, line or have them skimmed.

cheers dcdec..pups nuts :LOL: I'm remembering that one!!!

We are considering skimming the walls...we have done that throughout the rest of the flat, the only reason I was trying to avoid it is because of the dust..and it gets everywhere :rolleyes:

It would be a crying shame to have to strip all the walls that have just been freshly papered and painted..but that will teach us for being muppets at going to paper that isnt scratch proof by any means :oops:

With it being the one wall that is likely to get the hits we were thinkin of trying a decent match vinyl on this one wall and seeing if it dies in battle against the dog...then it hit me :idea: :idea: if the vinyl is defeated we would only have one option left...skim the walls..but by this stage the new carpet would be down..plaster plus carpet...hhhmmmm looks like I will be stripping walls this weekend and buying some finish :unsure:

Note to oneself....next dog = chiwawa :cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back