Checking my water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do i go about checking my water pressure?

I want to fit an electric shower but it says that i need to now the above relevant information to purchase the correct shower.

Kind regards

Kev

Sponsored Links
You can buy a pressure gauge which screws onto an outside tap or theres another type which pushes onto a kitchen sink tap. Cost about 15 quid. Go to plumbing merchant as the diy shops don't have em.

With most electric showers you will need to know the working cold mains water pressure, not static ;)

Sponsored Links
You need to connect the water pressure gauge as near as you can to the shower supply pipe outlet and then turn on supply to shower at full pelt and see what pressure is available whilst running. Most high kw showers need around 1.25 bar plus to stop the low pressure safety cutting in ;)

Wow :eek:

Learn something every day.

Thanks for you help guys.

Will crack on with that after finishing my week of nights.

Thanks

Kev

and what happens if you dont have the necessary working pressure at this stage. do you have to take pipes out or choose another type of shower. is there not an earlier method to find out pressure before committing yourself to the pipework.

When I had to check mine I found something on google which told me to, open the supply fully into a bucket for 1 min then measure how many litres I got in the bucket. There was then a conversion to give roughly the pressure, it wasn't perfect but gave a good indication

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back