chipped vanity unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas on the following.
Fitted a back to Wall toilet vanity unit with concealed cistern but when drilling for flush push button the poxy laminate unit chipped. . Its the standard high gloss panels so tried mastic mastic but it stands out like a saw thumb. can these units be repaired or have you any ideas to help me out of a hole? The chip is on the line of the push button so if the button was a touch larger you wouldn't even see it[/b]

Sponsored Links
new syphone woth bigger push button, I know the Girbert ones a MASSIVE!!! 2" I think.

Also isnt the section you drill the flush button into a small removable panel (usualy are) Can you not ask the manufacture for another

Also see if you can source some kind of washer (chrome or a complimentary colour) to enlarge your push button.

Also kitchen firms will make matching panels in gloss wood laminates cut to size and edged (wont be cheap though)

Personally I would try to source a chrome bezel to fit around the button. Or you might be able to get a replacement panel from the supplier.

new syphone woth bigger push button, I know the Girbert ones a MASSIVE!!! 2" I think.

Also isnt the section you drill the flush button into a small removable panel (usualy are) Can you not ask the manufacture for another

Also see if you can source some kind of washer (chrome or a complimentary colour) to enlarge your push button.

Also kitchen firms will make matching panels in gloss wood laminates cut to size and edged (wont be cheap though)

Just beat me to it.

Sponsored Links
Thought of the washer idea but can't find one on the Web. replacement panel looks only option but bloody expensive chip!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back