Christmas Bonus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
soooo, how come some people on "certain Benefits" get a £10 xmas bonus from our cash strapped gov?
Attendance Allowance
Carer’s Allowance
Constant Attendance Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (once the main phase of the benefit is entered after the first 13 weeks of claim)
Disability Living Allowance
Incapacity Benefit at the long-term rate
Industrial Death Benefit (for widows or widowers)
Mobility Supplement
Pension Credit - the guarantee element
State Pension (including Graduated Retirement Benefit)
Severe Disablement Allowance (transitionally protected)
Unemployability Supplement or Allowance (paid under Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes)
War Disablement Pension at State Pension age
War Widow’s Pension
Widowed Mother’s Allowance
Widowed Parent’s Allowance
Widow’s Pension

and the cold weather payment.....goes to others on "certain benefits"
Income Support
Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Pension Credit

most of us work all year, yet get nothing extra....is there a history to the christmas bonus?....do working people not get cold like people on "certain benefits"?

Sponsored Links
most of us work all year, yet get nothing extra....is there a history to the christmas bonus?....do working people not get cold like people on "certain benefits"?

Libby will do. Luckily I'm a plumber (Joe90 does have a problem with us), so Im in no need of benefits. Mind you, Ive not taken a day off for 6 weeks, so I think im entitled to what Ive earned.

There but for the grace of god, go I

While I agree there are those that take advantage of the system its easy to forget that there are people in genuine need of help, I pay my taxes and don't begrudge the genuine a tenner. Politicians with their expenses, companies making billions and paying next to no tax, there's another story. I also don't think that fags, booze, gambling and sky tv plus large families are lifestyle essentials for those on benefits.

Note that many of those benefits are not the kind available to scroungers, some are only available to those who have already given more to this country than you or I such as war widows or people who have paid decades of taxes through far harder times and lower standards of living than now.

Sponsored Links
Back