Chrome Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to find somewhere that does Chrome effect sink waste pipe. Any ideas? I have bougt one of these freestanding sink units and it comes supplied with a small length of chrome waste pipe, but not enough! Cant find anywhere to get it. any idea greatly appreciated.

All best

Neil

Sponsored Links
Outlet should be telescopic so it can pass into the wall and onto plastic waste.

Yes you can certainly buy it.

It's just that I can't remember where. How much do you need?

Sponsored Links
We sell it Chris, proper chrome on copper pipe that is :LOL:

About £8 a meter last time I looked plus postage

Chrome spray paint looks ok, seen it done and it was hard to spot in position

Be warned. If it is part of a set that comes with its own chrome bottle trap, it might not be of a regular 32mm size. This might make it a pain to match up with any UK spec pipe. We get this problem a lot. As the pipe passes through the wall, we often have to use a universal coupling. Often the shroud they provide is large enough to cover the nut.

grrinc said:
Be warned. If it is part of a set that comes with its own chrome bottle trap, it might not be of a regular 32mm size. This might make it a pain to match up with any UK spec pipe. We get this problem a lot. As the pipe passes through the wall, we often have to use a universal coupling. Often the shroud they provide is large enough to cover the nut.

The chrome traps are 35mm the same as the copper/chrome pipe.

Never ever seen anything different, and the same goes for the 42mm sink/bath wastes.

grrinc said:

yep , thats happend to me 2,

grrinc said:
Me too.

Softus said:
grrinc said:
Me too.

Obviously buying cheap, second rate stuff from the continent then. :LOL: :LOL:

doitall said:
Ha ha, very funny. Not.

If you mean that customers buy continental stuff, then of course they do. And not all of it is cheap.

And if you mean that continental stuff is available in this country and fitted by some builders, then of course it is. And not all of it is cheap.

But if you mean that I obviously buy and fit continental stuff, then you're wrong on two counts - (a) I don't, and (b) it's not obvious. I buy exclusively McAlpine and Brett Martin soil and waste products.

What's also not obvious is why you haven't encountered such problems yourself, unless of course you don't do much general plumbing...

Do It All,

Can I have details of your place then to buy this stuff? Only need about 1/2 mtr but if I gota buy a metre thats fine.

I will also check the size of it and that it is 32mm. I bought the freestanding sink unit from Wickes and it came with tap, trap, and sink etc all in one package. With this measley bit of pipe. I am about one inch short on what they supplied in the box.

Let me know how to get it from you.

Many thanks

Neil

Softus said:
doitall said:
Ha ha, very funny. Not.

If you mean that customers buy continental stuff, then of course they do. And not all of it is cheap.

And if you mean that continental stuff is available in this country and fitted by some builders, then of course it is. And not all of it is cheap.

But if you mean that I obviously buy and fit continental stuff, then you're wrong on two counts - (a) I don't, and (b) it's not obvious. I buy exclusively McAlpine and Brett Martin soil and waste products.

What's also not obvious is why you haven't encountered such problems
yourself, unless of course you don't do much general plumbing...

McAlpine fits standard 35mm copper tube, and don't know Brett Martin.

We do posh bathrooms, all chrome/nickel, in fact we are doing 6 tomorrow, thats one each, Bath with freestanding taps, flower pot basin and closecouple WC, start at 08:00 and they must be on and working by when we leave, that includes all the other trades as well :LOL:

Works out something like 30 guys in 6 rooms :rolleyes: Cozy comes to mind, tempers at mid afternoon :LOL:

charliefunkuk said:
Do It All,

Can I have details of your place then to buy this stuff? Only need about 1/2 mtr but if I gota buy a metre thats fine.

I will also check the size of it and that it is 32mm. I bought the freestanding sink unit from Wickes and it came with tap, trap, and sink etc all in one package. With this measley bit of pipe. I am about one inch short on what they supplied in the box.

Let me know how to get it from you.

Many thanks

Neil

You can have any length you like, it comes in 3m lengths.

Do check the outside diameter is 35mm ish.

Email is in my profile or stick one in yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back