Circiut Breaker Lockouts - Top Gadget!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been shown a red metallic item for locking off MCB's. Intrigued, I thought this could be a handy gadget, and searched online for lockouts. I've found quite a few specific, some kits and some multi-use lockouts. Having never come across these before has anyone any experience of them. More so, any advice on possible purchase.

Sponsored Links
IIRC they are called locking dollys. I got some of the metallic ones from rexel senate for use with the GE MCBs:
dsc00050vm3.jpg

edit:
see P41 here: clicky

Funnily he had one of those as well.
This is simular to what he had:
cb07.jpg
CB03.jpg

How universal is your Dolly?
Are these red things any good?

I think the metal ones are pretty universal, they fit most of the modern circuit breakers and RCDs.
I also have some of these ones which seem to fit a lot of MCBs, think I got them from RS:
dsc00051ee0.jpg

As long as they are pretty secure and don't drop off they are OK. It was pointed out that some of the metal ones can be undone with a screwdriver if the padlock is too small, though my stance is to do that would be maliciously interfering with an isolation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back