Circuit Breaker

Nothing wrong with TT as long as its installed correctly, it might still be the only option although you could enquire about the availibility of PME.
Beware of your spark if he's saying he won't do things officially but will do them for cash!!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
Nothing wrong with TT as long as its installed correctly, it might still be the only option although you could enquire about the availibility of PME.
my personal opinion is that a pme is better (no hassle of earth rod, or having one RCD that when trips kills ALL of you electricity leaving you in the dark), so you should at least enquire. also an upgrade to pme is typically £60 (give or take £60) to correctly do a TT supply you will need 2 RCD's where as for PME you only need one so there will be little difference in cost overall.

sm1thson said:
my personal opinion is that a pme is better (no hassle of earth rod, or having one RCD that when trips kills ALL of you electricity leaving you in the dark), so you should at least enquire. also an upgrade to pme is typically £60 (give or take £60) to correctly do a TT supply you will need 2 RCD's where as for PME you only need one so there will be little difference in cost overall.

I think everyones opinion would be that PME was better but it might not be an option, and the OP's question was about TT being ok ;)

ricicle said:
Crafty said:
With no neutral on that RCD/ELCB, it WILL NOT WORK. Simple as.

I don,t like to say it Crafty but you are commenting on something you know nothing about.That was a standard way of doing the dual rate supplies through an old voltage operated ELCB just using the 2 phase tails and would have worked in its day

You must try harder, come to the front of the class ;)
Apologies!

Sounds ghastly though! Glad Im a child of the 80's :LOL: RCDs rule! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ricicle said:
Crafty said:
Glad Im a child of the 80's

Only just, you were born in 12/89 weren't you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Grrr that username is haunting me! 1289 is a door access code from somewhere i once worked, i presume it was the managers daughter's birthdate, but I was born in 11/85! I'm 21! :LOL:

Crafty said:
ricicle said:
Crafty said:
Glad Im a child of the 80's

Only just, you were born in 12/89 weren't you? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Grrr that username is haunting me! 1289 is a door access code from somewhere i once worked, i presume it was the managers daughter's birthdate, but I was born in 11/85! I'm 21! :LOL:

Only kidding - I know ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back