Circular Saw - Black & Decker KS865KN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I bought a replacement blade, a Bosch Standard. 184mm 20/16mm 40point, for the B&D KS865KN, and was assured it would fit, I do not have the original blade to compare.
I have tried to fit the blade to the Saw but it just does not seem to sit over the inner washer. can anyone advise me of the correct order to do this please?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I did a quick scout round the net and the manual for your saw does indeed say 184mm diameter x 16mm bore. If your blade is bored 20mm there should be a 20mm diameter bushing to fit into the centre bore of the blade which will reduce it to 16mm. It'll look a bit like a thin washer. If it's not in the packaging get onto the supplier to request one

If it will not fit then probably best to take the saw with you to the shop. If I remember right they are not the standard so you have to buy there blades at B&Q.

JobAndKnock.Thank you for that info, I don't suppose you remembered the link to the manual did you?
There was indeed a washer stuck in the packaging of the blade, and this did fit into the 20mm bore. so things seem to be o.k. now, although I have not replaced things yet. (the manual would be interesting though?

catlad. I did go to B&Q but they do not stock B&D saw blades anymore, just Bosch, I have found a B&D supplier locally, but thank you anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both, I think that between you, you have sorted me out, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back