circular saw blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mitre saw has a blade spec of 250mm dia would it be possible to fit a 254mm blade with same kerf or would this be dangerous and liable to cause an accident. I am sure there is enough clearance to fit the blade without it fouling the chasis of the saw. Is the motor of the saw the limiting factor? I just thought that it will require greater power to rotate the slightly larger blade.

Sponsored Links
Yes you are probable correct but I don't want to make a big mistake! The main reason I am asking is that I have a table saw which uses a 254 blade with the sae kerf. I have very nice blades for the table saw and think it would be good to be able to interchange if required :mrgreen: but don't want to miss the obvious! I thought that there nay be someone on here who has the knowledge. I am sure there is enough clearance to make all the cuts with the 254 blade but I question why the manufacturer has stipulated a 250mm blade my thoughts were motor power when cutting very heavy timbers it can cope with 75x430mm. It might not seem much but if you were cutting a roof timber that size maybe the motor would go west with a 254mm but with a 250mm it might be ok? I can't see how 4mm could be such a difference but the makers must know why!

Yes you are probable correct but I don't want to make a big mistake! The main reason I am asking is that I have a table saw which uses a 254 blade with the sae kerf. I have very nice blades for the table saw and think it would be good to be able to interchange if required :mrgreen: but don't want to miss the obvious! I thought that there nay be someone on here who has the knowledge. I am sure there is enough clearance to make all the cuts with the 254 blade but I question why the manufacturer has stipulated a 250mm blade my thoughts were motor power when cutting very heavy timbers it can cope with 75x430mm. It might not seem much but if you were cutting a roof timber that size maybe the motor would go west with a 254mm but with a 250mm it might be ok? I can't see how 4mm could be such a difference but the makers must know why!

A blunt 250mm blade (or any other size blade) will need a lot more power to cut- compared to a 'true' sharp blade .

Sponsored Links
254 is 10" very very unlikely to not fit the best place to check is the manual

Hi big-all yes I agree it will fit, as to check the manual again you are right but they state a 250mm blade from there spares range and as is so often the case with DIY grade tools its not a good blade. The replacement 254mm blade I got to replace the cheap blade that came with my DIY grade table saw really made the saw a joy to use and I think I will get another to fit to the mitre saw, its the same spec except the diam :mrgreen:

if you already have a 254 blade try that freehand [un-plugged] in the saw assuming the same bore

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back