Cistern Coupling Washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attached a photo of a cistern coupling washer which I'm replacing with a new one shown in position 60mm I/D. Will the new washer work? It is supposed to, but there is an obvious difference in the O/D size. I positioned the cistern on the new plate and rubber washer but the cistern sits about 1cm higher than the fixing holes in the back wall. I was hoping not to have to drill the tiles. Is the older coupling washer still available?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211227_131510.jpg
    20211227_131510.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
It's the position you have it sitting in the picture ,on the pan,that's misleading , I assumed that position was just for taking a picture ,and the washer is correctly placed if that's the case.
It will also compress and the cistern will sit lower once tightened up.

Sponsored Links
It's the position you have it sitting in the picture ,on the pan,that's misleading , I assumed that position was just for taking a picture ,and the washer is correctly placed if that's the case.
It will also compress and the cistern will sit lower once tightened up.

Except that the cistern does not tighten up. There are no holes in the cistern, it sits on the washer and is fixed to the back wall. The new washer raises the cistern higher than the fixing holes in the wall even when the weight of the cistern is applied. The older washer does look a lot thinner, even after years of use.

As Andy says above ^^^
You are not assembling it correctly ,the cistern is clamped to the pan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back