Cistern drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a concealed type cistern in an en suite toilet. It has a bottom inlet fill with an arm and float. I noticed that there is a constant slow drip which appears to be coming from inside ? the plastic nut which connects the ballarm to the valve. I have tried tightening the plastic nut but no success. One further clue is that when the toilet is flushed and the water is running into the tank from the inlet the drip from the valve seems faster.

As I said this system is concealed and is very difficult to get to otherwise I would consider just replacing the bottom inlet valve. But to do this I will have to dismantle the facias etc. Even the shut off valve to the inlet is out of reach without removing (probably breaking) a section of the boxing in.

I was wondering (hoping!) that it is possible that it is the diaphragm that is corroded and I could replace that to fix it. Is that the most likely problem?

I cannot see any makers mark on the inlet so a generic diaphragm would work? I have looked on the internet but cannot see anything that looks identical, though the inlet valve is probably old though a plastic one. Looks a bit like this one http://www.partridgeshadleigh.co.uk...iii-bottom-inlet-valve-7-5-inch-arm-p-62.html

p.s. I am hoping the plastic valve itself is not leaking though a crack or similar.

Help please.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend isolating the supply, and unscrewing the nut to check the washer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back