Citadel XRI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all
I have recently moved house and my new house has a Citadel XRI alarm since the house was built in 1998
The alarm is working fine with multiple PIR's.

I think its connected to the smoke alarms as when I open one of the old smoke alarms they have alarm wiring inside and there is an interconnect cable used along with NO or NC connected.
The fusebox also has a smoke alarms switch on it so I assume its run of the mains or the smoke alarm fuse powers the alarm perhaps.

I need some help with the below questions

How can I tell what MK my alarm is MK1,MKII etc etc.

How can I tell if the alarm has the smoke alarms connected to it as I want to put my nest ones up which are 230v or battery so perhaps I loose the alarm detectors alltogether and ignore the original wiring and just get battery Nest protects.

I can find a manual but its only a single page, I did program my last alarm myself with help from this site many moons ago but with this thing I cannot even find the programmers code to make a start and it more than likely needs to be modernised with a new panel anyway.

There is a thing by my front door with a red button on top is that normally a panic button or a exit setting button, it used to have a key in it but its long gone.

Any thoughts ?

My vision is to eventually have a panel that can see CCTV camera's, talk to the nest smoke alarms in case of fire and interface to my home automation system for feedback.

Sean

Sponsored Links
I already have one battery nest protect to replace the smoke alarm in the hall, if the detector is connected to the alarm can I just
Connect the two positives together, same with the negative cable, remove the interconnect wire.
And finally check if I am using NO or NC and either tie them together or apart?
Sean

Why nest? Why not get a whole new smart alarm with its own smoke detectors using existing cabling (far more reliable) and utilise the alarm app to monitor everything connected to it including smokes & cameras.

Red button is a panic button.

Search Texecom Connect or Pyronix Home Control for smart alarm manufactures, these are the two leading brands & your get the most support on here.

Hello
So the reason is I have a Bang and Olufsen home automation interface which talks to different devices using drivers.
It has things like Lutron, Nest and loads of others, I does not seem to have the panels you mentioned but I get your point and then it would be super smart.

Do any of these have connections via IP or RS232 to connect to a home automation system.
Some of the great things I can do is see the camera's on the TV screen when someone comes down the driveway or if motion is detected in a room turn radio on etc etc.

Trying to keep everything interconnected is part of my aim.
Does not have to be interconnected but if it can then why not......

Sean

Sponsored Links
Texecom Premier Elite range is Control 4 compatable and has IP connectivity too. The Texecom ‘Connect’ platform also integrates with Texecom SmartPlugs so that appliances like your radio can come on following custom built ‘recipes’ made up of movement or timer rules.

http://www.texe.com/uk/technology/connect/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back