citroen zx 19d 1996

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem no start in morning, i have had this car since new, i took car in for mot and he found a problem with the fuel pump so he replaced the part needed. Problem I'm having is when cold the engine will not fire it wants too but not .I have replaced the battery and also investigated the 1st glow plug on the left it was wet with diesel. I wiped it and the car fired up 1st time grey smoke bellowing out the back then cleared.When its warm 1st start every time but if left over night i have to take plug out and do same as just mentioned. I have taken back to garage, he will look at it next week.

can anyone give me advice on problem as it will give me more strings to my bow if the garage try fudging there way out of it if its there fault.He did mention the injectors saying it could be one of them, could be BUT when i took car it did not show these characteristic's that it shows now. :rolleyes:

thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Glow plugs is a very common fault. If you turn ignition on, let the glow plug light go out, turn the ignition off, repeat three times, and then try to start the engine is it more cooperative? If so this points to the glow plugs.

Another problem with diesel engines can be split leak off pipes allowing air to be drawn into the diesel system. These are cheap and simple to replace.

Sponsored Links
thank you both for your hel :LOL: p yes it was the glow plugs 3 of them where shot, i bought some bosh plugs. its still a baby only 180000 good engine that citroen and pug did . anyway thank you for your help i will def come on here again.

Back