Cleaning carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok we are about to redecorate, we have a very light coloured carpet its very dark (sooty or whatever) along the line where it meets the skirting.

Personally i would like to pull the carpet out all the way round, unfold the perimeter from the gripper so it's all flat and clean it properly, then refit after we've painted the skirting.

Is this ok? Will the carpet shrink or do something strange being cleaned like this.
I need to check as her indoors is a 'carpet expert' so im preparing my facts before the fun starts.

Personally i want the carpet out the way so i can paint the skirting properly, i fling paint about alot, dont want to stress about rock hard emulsion stains once the sheeting is removed.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It will certainly not shrink if you treat it right. Don't use large amount of water, because you may actually soak the carpet, which is not good at all. A carpet should be moist while you treating it. You should be extremely careful with wool carpets, they are very delicate.

However, I prefer steam cleaning machine for such a job. It's quite easy and fast this way. Here is some on the topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back