Cleaning white upvc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've got some old UPVC windows fitted and they are in pretty bad condition with dirt and grime build up from when we bought the place and they are pretty scratch and horribly too.

Is there a way to strip off and polish up the plastic?

Is there a product/cleaning product that will bring then up nicely?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
By all means try solvent cleaner as above but thats generally used on new frames which are relatively clean other than pencil/felt tip marks, for frames with ground in dirt a cream cleaner would probably work a bit better, maybe finishing off with solvent, depending on how bad the frames are you may even have to use T-Cut to lift the dirt out, then cream cleaner then solvent

You can get cream and solvent cleaner from your local eurocell branch, most places have them now, T-Cut from halfords

Thanks Andy,

Have you or anyone else used this product?

Do you think this or another product will rid the scratches?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just looked and the nearest eurocell is a fair distance away. May have to be an Internet purchase or is there anywhere else that'll stock the cream and solvent?

I think your right and it'll need tcut first unfort. When you say tcut... what type would you use? This will remove all the scratches by taking a layer of plastic off I guess?

Then cream after this and the solvent after all this?

Will it leave it looking like new do you think? Will it haze up and look dull in the end?

Thanks

Thanks Andy,

Have you or anyone else used this product?

Do you think this or another product will rid the scratches?

Thanks

The product is used daily by 1000's of installers, its like water to a window cleaner.

This product will not remove scratches, at best it'll remove the dirt from within the scratches making them les noticable

Just looked and the nearest eurocell is a fair distance away. May have to be an Internet purchase or is there anywhere else that'll stock the cream and solvent?

I think your right and it'll need tcut first unfort. When you say tcut... what type would you use? This will remove all the scratches by taking a layer of plastic off I guess?

Then cream after this and the solvent after all this?

Will it leave it looking like new do you think? Will it haze up and look dull in the end?

Thanks

If eurocell is too far away try googling for building plastics suppliers for your area.

T-Cut will cut the grime out of the scratches and in turn soften the edges of them as it goes, then same applies as doing a car as in the T-Cut will need polishing off, use either pvc cream cleaner or car polish, a cheap one will do, no need to use auto glym, depending on how hard you rub you will get a shiny surface back but it will never be like new

We use a product called bar keepers friend, you can get it at asda, tesco's, sainsburys etc. very good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back