Clearance/Ventilation forVaillant Ecotec 831 inside cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having a Vaillant Ecotec 831 Combi boiler fitted in a kitchen. When it's done we hope to fit a cupboard around it as it's in a prominent position in the kitchen. Having looked at installation instructions on Vaillant's website they give the clearances for fitting on the wall alongside cupboards but not inside an enclosed cupboard. Are there any gas fitters out there please who know the regulations for cupboard clearances around the boiler and also importantly the ventilation required please.

PS I have looked at past questions similar to this but none seemd detailed enough so would like a bit more info please of poss.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
That looks good. Thanks for the detailed reply. Is this standard for all new condensing combi boilers or just the Vaillant by the way?
Thanks

The 831 is a big old boiler to put in a standard wall cupboard, your cupboard will have to be deeper to accomodate. I'm afraid that I just don't get the desire to hide a boiler in a cupboard, depending on how the cupboard has been fitted round the boiler, pelmets, door hinges and the like, it can make access for servicing awkward.

Sponsored Links
Ditch the cupboard, ditch the wife and keep the boiler.... Keep things simple.

Intergrated appliances are a pain too... Playing "Hunt the fridge" after coming home after having had a few pints... :D

The boiler that's being fitted is a new one so hope the Ecotec 831 isn't an old boiler,and the depth is 335mm! My Ikea cupboards are 355mm deep so it should fit OK. It should look nice and neat like any self respecting wife would prefer...........
I am the wife.........by the way!
Thanks anyway chaps!

The comment "Big old boiler" was a figure of speech, I was not suggesting that it was and old boiler... If you see what I mean.

If the pipework is to run up behind the boiler, then you will need to have a spacing frame fitted to the wall before you fit the boiler so the total depth will no longer be 335mm but a fair old bit (Not that I mean that the Fair is old) deeper....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back