Clearing soil pipe of soil

Bo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a partial collapse of a soil path due builders removing a concrete patio and laying tiles down

Is there a way of drilling the length of the pipe and inserting a liner. The collapse is about 1.5m from the exit. I've tried using the prong attachment on the rods but its hard getting enough purchase on the rod.

I am trying to avoid taking up the tiles but cant find a suitable flexy drill or pipe liners

Helllppppp :(

Sponsored Links
Bo said:
Is there a way of drilling the length of the pipe and inserting a liner.
I've never heard of one, and I very much doubt it.

A Pipeline Mole with burster will do it but the machine I've seen was the size of a tractor

One problem with installing a liner will probably be that any liner flexible enough to pull into the pipe will not be rigid enough to support the collapsed section, so the repair will soon collapse. It might work on a pressurised system where the pressure in the liner supports it, but not in an unpressurised drain.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I've got a partial collapse of a soil path due builders removing a concrete patio and laying tiles down

Is there a way of drilling the length of the pipe and inserting a liner. The collapse is about 1.5m from the exit. I've tried using the prong attachment on the rods but its hard getting enough purchase on the rod.

I am trying to avoid taking up the tiles but cant find a suitable flexy drill or pipe liners

Helllppppp :(
Thanks for your replies. Found what I needed to know. Unfortunately the liners only cost about £35-45 but you need £1000 worth of kit to be able to use it http://www.ukpipelines.com/category.php?cid=121 explains all.
Cheers al and have a great New Year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back