click click

SL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pull cord light in my bathroom make a loud click when pulled, can you get silent or quite pull cords. If yes, what make ?

Sponsored Links
You could replace the pullcord with a PIR.
The trouble is the light will go off after a set period which could plunge you into darkness while you are having a long soak, or something.

Here's one http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=80538&ts=89289

You could have both - PIR to turn lights on automatically so it doesnt wake up the kids and the pullswitch so light stays on while you are floating a bismark.

Don't quote me on this, but IIRC deta pull switches are one of the quieter ones on the market.

The other option possibly would be to fit a dimmer pull switch. :?:

With that all you get is a micro switch clicking once to turn it on and once to turn it off again

However, this is not suitable for all types of lighting

Clicky

Sponsored Links
Those Screwfix PIR's look pretty nifty.

Do they require a neutral to function? I am wondering wether to replace my cloakroom pullswitch with one and obviously I only have a 2 core and E cable at the switch.

Yes, the PIR in the screwfix link above does require a neutral.

This one doesn't, and although it is supposed to be wall mounted I don't see any reason why you couldn't mount it on the ceiling.

what, louder than the toilet flushing?????

It's the pulling of the light switch that wakes me up. When this is sorted I may need a silent toilet.

IIRC deta pull switches are one of the quieter ones

I'll give this a try, if still too loud, I'll look into a PIR.

Thanks for your help.

Get one of these:
BGPLH15BC.JPG

And leave it on all night. Never done us any harm.

if care is taken to place the PIR then the light shouldnt go out whilst the bathroom is occupied.

Get the upgraded version of what Steve suggested.....nice long hot soaks in the bath are guaranteed!

cone.jpg

Get one of these:
BGPLH15BC.JPG

And leave it on all night. Never done us any harm.

Most CFLs are not designed to be used in humid conditions such as in a bathroom. There's usually a warning on the box.

It only takes a bit of condensation on the PCB to blow them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back