Climate: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's all open to conjecture except in notchys world where it's done and dusted

Sponsored Links
Is man contributing or not ?

Are you prepared to answer ?
Certainly contributing to pollution and having an effect on earths finite resources which I think needs looking at. Whether that would change the climate is open to speculation.
All we seem to be doing now is using carbon credit scams to shift the dirty stuff to emerging countries like India and China.

I posted a link to a film thinking it was an interesting and more unusual perspective
it is not an unusual perspective.
I suppose it interesting as a work of propaganda

It’s a basically a repeat of Durkings 2007 film “The Great Global Warming Swindle”

And it contains the same myths, same false arguments.

Here is a climate science journalist who works through the movie and points out where the graphs used and data is taken out of context and misrepresented.

My own opinion on the subject, which I've already explained, is that the matter is not settled
But your opinion is based information such as “climate the movie”

Which is made up of myths, false information.

So your claim it’s not settled is based on false information

that there is a high degree of uncertainty
Alert: opinion stated as fact

Please provide a peer reviewed scientific study to support your assertion.

So far the evidence you’ve given is not reliable

So, you obviously consider the possibility that man is making no difference whatsoever?

Do you think that's likely?

Absolutely - the sensible and scientific approach is to consider all possibilities and not rule out any based on what we guess or imagine might be the case. Bearing in mind that the consequences of being wrong here could mean vast sums of money being squandered and other adverse consequences.

Are you asking me to guess?

Even if I guess that it seems likely, then that leaves us with: how much and does it matter?

Are we at a stage with this whetr we really want to hand over billions to bent and incompetent politicians to fix what might not be broken.

It's all open to conjecture except in notchys world where it's done and dusted
I have not said it’s done and dusted.

Berty posted a film about climate change…..it contains many myths and misinformation, as I and others have pointed out.

it is not an unusual perspective.
I suppose it interesting as a work of propaganda

It’s a basically a repeat of Durkings 2007 film “The Great Global Warming Swindle”

And it contains the same myths, same false arguments.

Here is a climate science journalist who works through the movie and points out where the graphs used and data is taken out of context and misrepresented.

But your opinion is based information such as “climate the movie”

Which is made up of myths, false information.

Please provide a peer reviewed scientific study to support your assertion.

So far the evidence you’ve given is not reliable
Stus not impressed in your link he thinks he's just one more of the paid for lot.

Absolutely - the sensible and scientific approach is to consider all possibilities
That is what scientists continuously do

Absolutely - the sensible and scientific approach is to consider all possibilities and not rule out any based on what we guess or imagine might be the case
So why did you post a video that takes a one sided dishonest view which contains numerous myths and misinformation

If you are interested in “all possibilities” why are all of your posts saying you don’t believe in man made climate change.

. Bearing in mind that the consequences of being wrong here could mean vast sums of money being squandered and other adverse consequences
Cuts both ways.

But you are taking a one sided view.

I really don’t understand what your point is, you keep saying how we need an open debate, but every post you make is biased to one side.

Look, Notch, I'm more than happy to accept that you know more than me about the subject of climate change and the influence man has on it. I'd therefore like to invite you again to help myself and others to learn from your background and knowledge in this field. And since your perspective argues that we need to radically change course as a society, I think it is fair to say that the onus is on you to explain why.

Please provide links to peer reviewed research papers by suitably qualified scientists where they categorically conclude that climate change is,
via CO2 emissions, definitely caused by human activity and that human activity is definitely a significant contributor. Requirements:

- must be from serious scientific journals, not YouTube, science magazines, newspapers, blogs or televsision.
- must be work published by people with advanced degrees in the natural sciences and professorships in scientific disciplines. Extra marks if these are in physics.
- must express the same level of certainty that you are yourself claiming. Words like "might", "may", "could", "possibly" and "probably" shouldn't be featuring if this is a settled matter.
- the IPCC Reports to Policy Makers don't count
because they are inaccurate brochures for dummies like Sunak and Starmer, although you may use the scientific reports that precede these.

This will be easy for you to do Notch as you have more expertise on that than ignorant people like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back