Climbing frame timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am wanting to build a small wooden climbing frame for my kids but have been unable to find where you buy wood. I am after to stripped treated round logs (like in adventure play grounds)

Thanks people!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wickes do 90mm dia posts, 1.5m long....called tree stakes I think.
It could be more convenient for you, and one end is pointed.
John :)

be a little bit careful how you construct it if you have a flat area that could be called a platform above 300mm it will need planning permission

yes decking tree houses
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/decking

"Putting up decking, or other raised platforms, in your garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, providing:

The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground
together with other extensions, outbuildings etc, the decking or platforms cover no more than 50 per cent of the garden area."

yes

"Putting up decking, or other raised platforms, in your garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, providing:
The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground
together with other extensions, outbuildings etc, the decking or platforms cover no more than 50 per cent of the garden area."
Fair do.
- I guess if it has sides and generally looks tree-house-like it would take a serious arsey bloke to challenge it, certainly my treehouse from back in the day has been standing, with a floor area of about 6*6ft and 3ft high walls (no roof) for the last 15-20years without complaint!

Daniel

the secret is to get the neibours on side then they wont draw any attention or at least tell you what makes them happy like an enclosed wall to give them privacy
this in its self would breach planning but please the only objector ;)

you could off course still come unstuck but thats a chance you take:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back