1. We are proud to announce that we have been nominated for Website of the Year!
    We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to vote for us here. It's quick and easy to do, also as a voter you are eligible to win a prize! (Samsung HD TV, Apple iWatch, AKG Headphones).
    Dismiss Notice

Clock on Landis & Gyr RWB2 central heating programmer wo

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by irisedd, 4 Mar 2010.

1. irisedd

4 Mar 2010
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Help ! Central heating is working fine but the clock on my Landis & Gyr RWB2 programmer has stopped working although there is ticking. I set the current time but clock doesn't move so the programming obviously doesn't go on and off and I have to switch the heating on and off manually. Is this a job for a clock repairer ?
  2. tamz

25 Feb 2009
    Thanks Received:
    West Lothian
    United Kingdom
    No its a job for the bin. The gearing inside is knackered.

Get a replacement programmer for £20 - 40. Take your pick. You can get one from any plumbers merchants DIY shed screwfix or tinternet.

Your old clock has what is now an industry std backplate so it easy to change.
    Here is a link to many (not all, there are many more) which are a direct replacement without the need to change the backplate or wires.

http://www.download-it.org/free_fil...y guide for programmers and time switches.pdf

Turn off the power first
    Simply loosen the 2 screws on the bottom of existing clock and unhinge from the bottom.
    Hook the new programmer on at the top and swing down until screws locate and tighten.
    Turn power back on. Job done.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1