clueless female needs help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a very old gas fire - its a Radiation Super Saver. Called British Gas out to service and cos it wasn't igniting properley It needs a new part, but BG cant get it, so i will have to light with a match, as it does still work and is safe!! The part i need is the Spark Ignition Electrode?? The fitter said that if i can find the part he will fit it for me. Any ideas where i could get one please. Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thankyou for your reply, i did ring them but they dont stock it, said its a very old fire, made by New World, so i will keep searching the net.
thanks again

hi, try this number if your struggling, ALLGAS 01924381150 ask for ellaine i use them for obscure/obselete parts,they will post it to you or tell you where you can get hold of the bit you want.

fitz hi, think its a yorkshire number,am rgi mate,and as clueless stated that BG will fit the part for her if she can get hold of 1 but i appreciate your concerns and you are to comment on diy gaswork being dangerous,this firm is well worth keeping the number though. cheers

kev.

GC No is 393-75 for the electrode Assembly, "Kitgass D6602, manufacturers No is 411644

For new world look under Glowworm

The GC No for the fire is GC 32-625-31

hi again

thanks for all your help and doitall for all the part numbers etc. Rang allgas and they said the part is obselete, so i reckon thats all i can do really. Will just have to use a match/ignition lighter, which wont be too bad.
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back