clueless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
never been on this part of the site before usually stick to the wood work side of things however i have an electric underfloor heating in my bathroom and as i didnt realise they cld be cut and joined till it was too late the wire shreded with the constant movement on the carpet in the hall outside the bathroom ,since then i have put a conector block onto it and cut it to the size of the bathroom, now all was fine for a few weeks and now it is back to going on and not stayin at the set temp can anyone advise how to fix or solve this also i wld like to know if there can b time switches installed into these as i wld like it to go on with my heating in the house many thanks

Sponsored Links
There are many types of under floor heating only a few can be used in a bathroom as the whole lot needs protecting with an earthed mesh and the type with this mesh built in can't be cut to length.

It worries me to read your post as from your description it does seem as if you may have wrong type for bathroom or be missing some parts required to make it safe for bathrooms.

Before moving on to control could you post some pictures to make sure you do have correct type?

Hey a dnt have any pics or a digi camera ,lol

its the ryt one it has the mesh earth i found a site that said if u buy like sleeving that u heat up u can do it so thats why a donne the conector block it wrked fine but ideally i have to get that stuff that u pt round the wire n heat it up to make the joint the correct way,as far as controlls it has a thermostat fitted by a spark i used to wrk with guy was pretty smart so without seeming ungrateful i can be assured it is the correct typ and is wired correctly its just that the joint i have put in my self isnt correct as i dnt know were to get the correct heat up sleeving no idea if u know what am on about sorry for my lack of electrical knowedge.

Its impossible to read all that they way you have typed it.

The full stop is very useful. It can be found just a couple of keys to the right of the "M" key.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm also having trouble understanding what you are trying to do?

Normally with electric underfloor heating you have a mat or loose wire heating element under the floor surface, and also a temperature sensor connected back to the thermostat.

I'm guessing from what you have said that the sensor cable needs repaired and that it is outside the bathroom where you need to repair it. If so then yes you could solder it and heatshrink the repair but please give more information.

Can you confirm I have understood correctly? If it's the actual heating element wire you want to repair then that's a different kettle of fish altogether, more so if it's under a carpet in the bathroom!

And yes most thermostats / controllers for underfloor heating have programmable on/off times. What sort do you have currently?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back