Clutch, bleed cluch fluid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.

Need to bleed clutch fluid on Land Rover Disco. V8i. No kit and one pair of hands :rolleyes:

Clutch fluid needs topping regularly, motor booked into garage, new pipes needed I think. Parked up on slight incline on driveway and lost clutch! Passenger side of motor lower than drivers side. Topped up fluid and got air lock :oops: If I get motor on level could this get rid of airlock? Would remove some fluid, I topped up with from reserve, first using syringe.

Live out in sticks, no folks nearby that can help. No clutch at all.

Hope some prob. solving person can help. Think I could do it by getting motor level, use a jack, roll motor down on flat.

Ideas most gratefully received!! :D Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
you can bleed it yourself.

check for leaks first.

attach a tube and bottle to the slave nipple. top up resevoir, make sure it never goes dry. pump clutch pedal, and use a piece of wood against the seat and pedal to hold the clutch pedal down. open the bleed nipple until fluid stops coming out,close it again. remove piece of wood. repeat until no air comes out.

Can you undo the bleed nipple on the clutch slave cylinder?
If you can, and keep the reservoir topped up, the system may bleed by gravity.
If this isn't possible, park the vehicle so the slave cylinder is as low as possible, and the reservoir as high as possible...there is a chance that air will work its way back up the pipes after a while and give you some sort of clutch.....
Bodge bleeder? Get a piece of rubber tubing that fits tightly on the bleed nipple.....block one end of the tubing completely. Put a short slit in the tubing near the blocked off end. Put the tubing over the bleed nipple, and open it. Gently pressing the clutch pedal forces fluid through, and the slit in the tube seals back again when you release the pedal pressure. Could work if your luck is in!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back