Cobble drive question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning

A few months ago I had my drive done in Cobble bricks, the flat surface ones which look similar to brick paving apart from the size difference.

The cobbles have about a 10 mil to 15 mil gap between each one and just sand brushed in the gaps. The builder told us that we would have to get some sealent to prevent the sand from been washed out by the rain and wind.

I bought some patio drive seal in a big tub which says it protects from weather but the problem i think i may have is that because the gaps are about 10 to 15 mil between each brick, The sand will just stick to the brush or roller and just make it messy.

Would it be better to mix some sand and cement and refill the gaps
so that they at least set hard and we can then we can use the weather protection stuff. If this is ok how much cement to sand do i need.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
So do you think will this be ok to do. I nock up a 5/1 mix of sand & cement, brush it into the gaps & hopefully this will set hard and we wont have to re-sand the drive every time it rains.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back