Cobble paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps

Need some advice - Just had my drive done in cobble paving, looks well
but on closer inspection I've noticed that quite a lot of bricks are cracked.
no cars have even been on the drive yet so i'm a bit conserned.

The builders have used about 1" hardcore and can't really tell the sand base but it looks quite thin. Could the thin sand base be the cause of the cracked cobbles.

The builder did mention that the cobbles were seconds, hence the cheaper price. But said we wouldn't notice any difference really ? mainly colour

Can anyone give any advice because now I'm thinking that these so called second bricks may have problems and that could be the cause of cracks this early.

Sponsored Links
if they havent been driven over, i should presume they were cracked when fitted, but then again you did opt for "seconds"

I think the cracks may have been caused when the wacker was on the job - but doesn't this indicate an uneven base.

The drive's not fully complete yet so is it a majoy op to relace the damaged ones.

Thanks

Joni

may be, but you never mentioned whaker before, anything else we should know?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back