coffee machine problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of those bean to cup coffee cup coffee machines and the boiler in it stopped working. I had the boiler replaced and it popped again in a few days later. The company in Germany is not talking any more so it will be down to me to replace the boiler. I am trying to work out why the boiler blew and I suspect the little temperature sensor on the top of the boiler is defective. When the boiler popped there was a reasonably loud pop and I assume therefore that the boiler overheated. It's one of those therma block systems. The new boiler is about £60 but before I go to the expense of that, I want to make sure that the temperature sensor is functioning properly. Does anybody have any ideas how to ensure that it is operational. Many thanks for your help. Kev if you are reading this, no disrespect but I was too scared of getting flamed if I put this post on the plumbing forum. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I once bodged a test rig for one of these by sticking it under the grill on low and attaching a home made circuit tester (ie. battery, bulb and bits of wire) to it. When the grill gets hot enough (80 degrees C for the one I had) the circuit should break. Mine didn't incidentally. If you've got a sugar thermometer you could even gauge whether the stat is activating at the right temperature. If your oven has an accurate thermostat that goes down low enough you could use this - as long as the battery and bulb are outside!.
Good luck and don't burn yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back