cold air getting into double glazed bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering, i have a double glazed bay window and can feel a cold draught constantly from the bottom of each window.this seems to cause excessive condensation on this window compared to others in the house .have had a good look around outside checking for holes/gaps,all seems fine Upon removing the bottom internal beading off one panel,there seems a lot of gaps under the glass which i presume the cold air is blowing into the frame just wondering if this is normal?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Test with a lighted candle where you feel the draft(s) check and mark the exact positions and see which way the flame blows. If you are convinced these are lining up with the gaps you speak of, fill the gaps with Plasticine, or something else easily molded and non sticking...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
was a bit wary of filling the gaps, thought they may be drainage holes in the frame but the cold air blasting through them cant imagine i need 3 pre cut per window pane i like the idea of the plasticine !
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back