Cold bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our boiler seems to be running correctly. There are no heating/hot water problems other than in the bath.

When the bath is run the water never heats up so the bath is luke warm at best. I have tried running the tap on a lower pressure but this has not helped.

Is there anything we can do?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Boiler is a glow worm combi boiler 100P and we have central heating.

Is this enough info?

When running the bath, do any radiators heat up or does the flow pipe off the boiler heat up?

Sponsored Links
I have just run the bath for a few minutes and none of the radiators heat up.

I have tried to feel the pipes leaving the boiler and they all seem cold. Not sure if they are the right ones though.

try this
turn on heating and see if it fires up at gas meter by seeing if dials turn
if does not then you may well need an rgi to do diagnostic and repair

Try this.
Run the water slower through the bath.
If the water is hot at the other taps it is a flow rate thing. A 3/4" bath tap will pass over twice the volume of water as a 1/2" basin tap.
The boiler has never been set up for the correct flow rate. It should have been restricted there.

It takes a 30 secs or so to heat up so must have cylinder but not exactly sure.

We have also tried running the bath slower but this doesn't seem to help either.

You have stated that it is a combi. Assuming that there is not a hot water cylinder as well, you need to reduce the flow rate at the hot water tap on the bath until you get the required temperature.

With a combi, you are trading off flowrate against temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back