Cold downstairs Rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler about 3 years old used in conjunction with rads that had been in the house for about 15 years running on a sealed system. A couple of weeks ago I turned off two rads, one upstairs one downstairs, when I came to turn them on neither would work. I Bled all the rads and the upstairs one now works but the downstairs one is freezing cold as are the pipes leading to it. I have changed the lockshield valve and drained and flushed this rad but nothing. When I drain water from the system drain valve one of the pipes leading to the rad gets hot but this goes no further than the lockshield valve. I've tried running the CH with all working rads off and the non working one on (for 2 hours) with no luck. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that water comes out of the valves (disconnected from the rad) when you open them? If, as kev suggests, you have a TRV, these have a habit of becoming stuck, in which case remove the head and try to pull the pin up gently with pliers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back