Cold Radiator - a strange one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

1 year ago we moved into a house and 1 of the 2 rads in the lounge comes on cool or not at all. I put this down to an old boiler.

Last week we had a new boiler fitted and the system power flushed. I still have an issue with the lounge rad. Both of the pipes are stone cold.

So far I've:

- Bled the radiator - no air
- Checked the thermostatic valve and the pin is freely moving
- Turned off all rads in the house, which gets the suspect lounge rad warm but not piping hot (like others). When the system cools down and I turn all the rads back on I'm back to Square 1 - a cold rad

Before I get somebody out to investigate - any ideas what it could be? The only thoughts I have is:

(1) An airlock in the system but having the same rad with the same issue seems like to much of a coincidence given the system has been drained and flushed

(2) An issue with the system needing balancing - not convinced the rad and pipes would be completely cold ?

Thanks, Nick

Sponsored Links
Surely the installer would of left you with working radiators? ;)

The problem was there before the new boiler was installed, so not his responsibility to resolve. Especially when I told him about my "existing problem" and how I hope the new boiler would resolve it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back