Cold shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced my 10.8Kw Mira with a Gainsborough shower. The Mira has been fine until a couple of weeks ago when it just stopped working (no water coming through). It is on 10mm cable which runs into a new(ish) consumer unit with a 40 amp MCB. It is the second unit as I believed there was a fault with the first one but it is doing exactly the same thing - it will not heat the water. The MCB doesn't trip, the light on the pull switch in the bathroom is lit - all looks fine. Have I just been unlucky or am I missing something obvious here?

Sponsored Links
Using the meter you have for checking electric circuits, place one probe on one side of the heater and the other probe on the other side of the heater and tell us what the reading is.

Yes call a competent electrician.
Proper tools to do a job are essential.
Using a hammer to put in nails, undoing nut with pliers, stripping cable with a stanley knife, undoing screws with a table knife, all are possible but not recommended.

Sponsored Links
Qedelec said:
Proper tools to do a job are essential.
Using a hammer to put in nails, ...., all are possible but not recommended.
What would you recommend for nails, then? ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back