Cold Showers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I have a four year old Baxi Combi 80e boiler which I thought was wonderful - until a few months ago, when it started turning off the heat completely, once the water got hot, and providing a cold flow until it has heated it up again.

I guess it's supposed to regulate the temperature but it used to keep the water constantly hot, rather than alternating between hot and cold.

It isn't a problem for most things - but when having a shower I have to keep nipping in and out of the flow - not an elegant sight believe me!

I have a British Gas service contract and they have changed the temperature sensor - to no effect.

Is this something I just have to put up with? Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It sounds like the symptom of a blocked plate heat exchanger.

If that were the case then it would probably not be covered by the BG contract.

Tony

Agile was dead right ... it was a blocked heat exchanger.

The first BG engineer didn't have a clue - but the second one was brilliant. He booked a call back time and came armed with a new heat exchanger, a new sensor and a new pump - because he wasn't sure what was wrong.

Even after he'd found out it was the exchanger, he still fitted the other new parts anyway ... because he had them with him .... And there was no charge!!

I just thought I'd come back and say that some BG engineers are wonderful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back