Cold Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Please help.

The hot water system in my house seems to be working fine, but for the last month we cannot get hot showers. The water from the shower is cold with the odd sprinkle of luke warm water.

Whats the problem? The hot water tap in the sink just cm's away lets out roaring hot water but the shower is always cold. :cry:

Any ideas on how i can sort this out....am pretty poor at DIY :(

Sponsored Links
Isolate the shower, strip it down and clean off water scale.

I take it other hot water taps in that room are all o/k?

Isolate the shower, strip it down and clean off water scale.

I take it other hot water taps in that room are all o/k?

in that room and throughout the house all ok. Is that other stuff easy to do?

someone else said it cold be something to do with the temperatrue that the shower heats up the water. (e.g. it is programmed to heat up 5degrees no matter what temp the water comes in as). does this sound accurate?

Sponsored Links
sounds like you may need a new cartidge for the shower. If so 90-100 quid. Find out the make/model and contact the company. If Triton or Aqualisa, they are very helpful.

good luck

i checked last night....its an electric shower

Its an "Aquatronic 1". Not sure if this helps but its 7kw, is it a power issue (i.e. just struggling in the winter?....hope not :cry: )

electric showers are always colder in the winter.

they can only heat X lites of water per minute by Y degrees. So if the incoming water is colder going in, it will also be colder going out.

Additionally, if your electric shower has low/med/high settings, it might have a failed electric element or some other part. See what difference any such switch makes.

if you turn down the flow from a weak spray to a pathetic dribble it will get warmer.

if you have a hot-water cylinder or a combi you could have a mixer shower fed from that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back