cold water as a result of Mains pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Wonder if someone can help!
My house runs two boilers - one for central heating , the other for the hot water system. This latter boiler works off Mains pressure.
As Thames Water has significantly reduced Mains pressure to control leakages in London, water hardly gets warm.

I could use some advice on whether installing an auxiliary pump to supplement the Mains pressure is a plausible option and if so how can this be done?

I would really appreciate some help, please.[/img][/b]

Sponsored Links
First of all contact thames water & get them to do a pressure & flow test on your supply to make sure it's up to the minimum standard, if it's not the next step is for them to dig up at the boundary & check it's OK there. If it's not then they should give you a new supply if it's lead, or a new conection at the main if it's copper or plastic. if it is lead going in to the property then the best bet is to relay it with 25mm MDPE. Hopefully this should improve the problem with the water heater,if not your stuffed I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks Keego for such prompt reply.
I shall take on the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back