COLD WATER MACHINE CONNECTED TO HOT WATER

Arl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if connecting a cold water machine to a hot water supply will cause damage to the machine??? Is it true that the machine wil use less electric to heat the water as it is already hot? My daughter rents a flat where the rent includes heating and there is only a hot water connection for the washing machine so she has connected it up even though the machine is meant to be connected to cold suply....and I am wondering whether the machine is going to break down???

Sponsored Links
Obviously she won't be able to do any cold or cool washes and the cold rinses will be non existent. Shouldn't do the machine any harm but it will do harm to some of her clothes.

It will not ruin your machine but may ruin the clothes being washed. If she is washing delicates on a 30/40 degree programme and hotter water is coming into the machine then she may find she will have to loose five stone and three feet in size to fit into them again.Hot water also will cause an inefficient rinse

If the water is hotter than the wash selected. THe machine may not start until the water cools.

Sponsored Links
I have not duplicated a reply it was just that myself and sleepyhead were posting replies at the same time

Dont worry about it
Lots of people post the same answers..it makes the reader confident ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back