Cold Water Storage Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace my Cold Water Storage tank .... but I can't seem to find one with the correct dimensions to fit through the attic access hatch. The smallest width is 400mm, to fit between two roof truss supports. Can you get large circular tanks with pliable sides that will "fold" to fit through confined spaces. If so what is the manufacturer/ stockist. I need 50 gall capacity.

Sponsored Links
Use a couple of coffin tanks. Couple them together as per the water regs otherwise you'll be washing in stagnant water.

always thought the round 50gal tanks could be bent and squeezed through a standard loft hatch

Can't get a coffin tank through... looked at all their capacities & dimensions. We have a dormer conversion in the main part of bungalow attic and a door into the attic eaves. We then have to squeeze between two upright supports 400mm apart and then immediately do a 90 degree turn and crawl along through the eaves to what remains of the main attic space that couldn't be used for the dormer. The main factor is the 400mm. As for a standard size hatch ... no idea what those dimensions are. I believe that plumbers heat the circular tanks with hot water to make them more pliable before trying to "origami" them throuh a hatch. Found out that TITAN do a 50 gal pliable sided tank around 840mm x 650mm ... now just need to know how far it will fold down.

Sponsored Links
Before trying to get a collapsible tank through tight loft hatch make sure it is nice and warm as it will much more pliable and when you think it won`t go in much further a good shoulder behind it works wonders

Youn can get a standard round tank almost completly flat,needs a bit of a jump on to get it completly flat but it works.If you are doing it on your own fold it with a bit of rope on the floor and soon as you have it as flat as you need tie it quickly ,much easier with 2 people .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back