Cold Water Tank washers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size washers are best to buy, and in what size, for tank connectors to a cold water cistern in the loft? The tank connectors are 22mm and 15mm diameters. I know you can use rubber washer or plastic (polywashers)?? but would like to get the correct size first time instead of having to go back and forth!.. Any good types from your experience? Also is it good to have one washer on the inside AND one on the outside of the tank, or is 1 on the inside sufficient?

any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Washers inside and out and ptfe tape on the thread. I am a great fan of the JG speedfit tank connectors that require no washers and you can tighten by hand.

Mike

the tank connectors i have are brass, compression fitting type. i am not sure if i would feel safe if i had push fit joins on high pressure supplies in my loft!! as you say though they are obviously very good.

what size diameter washers are good for tank connectors? ...

Sponsored Links
the tank connectors i have are brass, compression fitting type. i am not sure if i would feel safe if i had push fit joins on high pressure supplies in my loft!! as you say though they are obviously very good.

what size diameter washers are good for tank connectors? ...

Your tank connectors are not under high pressure.they are under gravity pressure. Just use polywashers-take your fitting to the plumbers merchants if you're not sure of the size you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back