Combi boiler and water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I currently have a cold water tank in the roof space and hot water tank in the hot press (heated by the oil). I recently got a new bathroom in and I now have a thermostaitc mixer shower above the bath. I soon realised that the water pressure wasn't good enough for a decent shower. I purchased one of those Shower Power Booster's and I now have a decent shower (albiet not a power shower!)

I am now in the process of switching to natural gas and need some advice about what boiler to go for. I have options of a combi boiler which gets rid of the 2 water tanks or another type of boiler which keeps the 2 tanks where they are. I would prefer to go for a combi boiler but I'm worried firstly about the water pressure to sustain a decent shower and secondly will the shower power booster work (if needed).

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You need to check if you have sufficient flow and pressure suitable for the new boiler.

Assuming you have then the pressure at the shower will be fine.

You can't use the shower pump if the shower is supplied with mains water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back