Combi Boiler - Balance the rads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Valliant Combi Boiler, a Turbomax Pro 837e, which is a fairly manly unit and in my non-expert opinion, ought to be enough to provide heat for out 3-bed bungalow. We do have other heat management issue's, but there are a couple of rooms that get hot and a couple of room that really don't. This could be due to style of radiator as we do have some 'unconventional' (read - Designer) rad's.

In reality, do radiators need balancing? Or is this just to squeeze every last little bit of efficiency out? Although we bought the rads individually and without the guidance of a heating engineer, we did do our sums regarding outputs etc, which is why I am finding it hard to understand why our system is struggling.

Another area of concern is the size of the gas main. The boiler was commissioned with no questions, but the main stretches the full length of the bungalow in 22mm pipe, some have said that this should be 28mm?? Is this significant?

The other remaining issue is Cavity wall insulation, but I will post separately with my concerns on that subject! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Did you have your boiler supplied and installed by your local Vaillant agency, DRL Services?

If not then you should ask your installer about the gas supply as it sounds undersized to me!

If you suspect a problem then you can ask CORGI to inspect the work and that is free of charge!

Did the installer notify the installation to CORGI and did they send you a blue certificate?

Tony

Not one of mine Tony :eek:

Certainly sounds like the gas pipe is undersized for a 37Kw boiler to me :rolleyes:

Yes balance all the rads, see FAQs on here for tips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back