Combi boiler + electric shower - can I have mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have, what I hope is a simple question, about shower systems.

I'm about to have a combi bolier installed, and as I understand it, that means that I should probably have an electric shower installed as well. This I'm ok with.

However, looking at the many websites out there, all the electric showers look pretty ugly to me. Really what I wanted was just a couple of taps/controls mounted on the wall for on/off and hot/cold and the shower head coming out of the ceiling - with all the plumbing concealed - ie I didnt want one of those big electric shower systems on the wall.

Is it possible to buy an electric shower with seperate controls?

(fyi - the shower will be in a new loft extension, so I have the freedom to put the main shower system behind a false wall if I need to, with the controls and shower head on the other side, in the shower)

Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
It is, but if you are having a combi boiler installed you would not usually have an electric shower.

(a) Combi boiler will be 24kW output or more. Electric shower is 10kW maximum. Therefore combi will give you a much better shower

(b) Gas is about one-third the price of lecky per kWh.

Only reason for not having a shower off the combi would be if the combi is already fully committed to supplying hot water to another bathroom.

The only real reason to have an electric shower with a combi is that you have a backup should your boiler fail for any reason, but realistically not many people do most have a combi shower as they are far superior, but the answer to your question is yes you can have a concealed electric shower if you wish but they are not cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back