Combi boiler-How do they work?

That's why I said if there is room for one. I have a small flat beneath my house rented out and in that flat I have a small central heating boiler under the kitchen worktop in the corner which is otherwise dead space and a Britony II on the wall.

I have another flat with a combi boiler, but that is a Boulter Buderus and I fully powerflushed the peipework and rads before installing it, used a magnaclean and a combi mate. I don't expect it to be a problem.

OK I was lasy, I should have used a regular boiler and a water heater. We're not all perfect all of the time.

At home I have a regular boiler in a large boiler room, airing cupboard you can walk into, with room to store dried clothes, and room for a clothes horse. Shoule the ideal mexico ever take me more than a few minutes to repair (in the unlikely event of it going wrong) I have an immersion. In the unlikely event of a gas strike I have an open fire and an imersion heater. I wouldn't have a gas fire at home anyway.Horrible things.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket and keep it simple stupid.

Sponsored Links
There's a lot to be said for a Britony II or similar to provide DHW. Very little to go wrong (new diaphragm every 10 years?), and the CH boiler can also be simpler, without some of the most troublesome elements (diverter valves, secondary heat exchangers).

THAT's what I'm talking about!

Course the ntc thermisters in a modern regular boiler are susceptible to sludge though not such a fatal poroblem as in case of plate heat ex, but otherwise you can almost get the reliability of yore from a well designed steaming regular boiler. I always fit an external system kit because I can use a better sized ev and all parts are much cheaper and quicker to replace when required in future, though I always curse myself when on the day of fitting for making myself all the extra installation effort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back