Combi boiler in bathroom

Is the old zone 3 now called zone 2 then ? Or has it all changed?

Sponsored Links
Ideal will email you back later and tell you, you can fit a doorbell to it and mount it on the front of your house

Is the old zone 3 now called zone 2 then ? Or has it all changed?
With one exception, there is now nothing specifically forbidden 'outside of the zones (0, 1 and 2) (i.e. >600 mm from bath/shower or >2.25m above floor), although everything must be 'suitable for the location'. Th one exception is that sockets must be at least 3m from the outer boundary of Zone 2 (hence impossible in all but the largest of bathrooms).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Anyone got a link to a diagram of the new zoning bathroom layout ?

Or is it just zone 0 is in the bath zone 1 above it and zone two within 0.6 of the bath or shower. And everything out side this is un restricted which used to be called zone 3?

Is it still classed as outside of the zones (0, 1 and 2) (i.e. over 600 mm from bath/shower

If you were to position a boiler at the foot off the bath over 600mm from the end off the bath, but were the bath as a shower over it as the screen doesn't extend all the way around the showering area.

Is it still classed as outside of the zones (0, 1 and 2) (i.e. over 600 mm from bath/shower)
More than 600mm from the bath (in a vertical plane) is outside the zones.

If you were to position a boiler at the foot off the bath over 600mm from the end off the bath, but were the bath as a shower over it as the screen doesn't extend all the way around the showering area.
It is unlikely that a shower would be at this 'open' end of the bath but electrically it would be allowed (as fixed current-using equipment) with the proviso that the manufacturer will probably state that this is an unsuitable environment for their boiler.

The shower would be at the other end of the bath but is it ok as the screen on a bath doesn't go all the way around the showering area like a shower cubical screen would.

The shower would be at the other end of the bath but is it ok as the screen on a bath doesn't go all the way around the showering area like a shower cubical screen would.
I don't really understand. The screen is not relevant - Zone 2 ends 600mm horizontally from the edges of a bath or shower tray, whether there are screens or not.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks I just wondered if they took in to account spray from the shower if wasn't a full screen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back