Combi Boiler is stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I have a Halsted finest gold combi in my flat. It was here when we moved in and is probably 10 years old.

The problem is that it is stuck on regardless of whether the taps are running and even when the central heating is switched off. The only way to turn it off is at the mains switch. I've set the water and heating thermostats in the boiler to minimum and the radiators are off but still no difference.

I've no idea of how to take a boiler apart and so will call a plumber out (probably be next week now). The only thing that i can spot inside is condensation in inside the plastic covering of the domestic hot water switch. I'm wondering whether it is this that is sticking on.

Anyway, would anyone be able to tell me what it's likely to be and if it's an easy or expensive fix. I spend £90 on it last year and the plumber at the time mentioned that a new boiler will probably be needed soon. Is that about right?

Anyway, i'd pleased if anyone could help
Steve

Sponsored Links
this fault is usually asociated with the boiler thinking there is a demand for HW when there isnt so you are thinking along the right lines of stuck micro switch or the pin that activates it

Thanks for that. If it does turn out that this is the problem, what sort of price would it be for a plumber to fix it.

Sponsored Links
Theres two micro switch units on this model I think :?: , they should be identical one serves hw and the other heating and cost about £30 for the pair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back