Combi boiler low system pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Potterton Puma combi boiler and since I've lived in this place (a year) the system pressure has dropped about 4 times so that the CH and HW stops working.

Each time I've just topped up the system with the filling loop and it's OK for a few months until it drops again. I figured I've probably got a slight leak in the system but as it takes a few months to drop I didn't think it could be that bad.

However, as of yesterday the pressure is now dropping in about 2 hours so I assume the leak has just got a lot bigger??

If it is a leak, any ideas as to how to isolate it in the system to work out where the leak is?

If it isn't a leak, what could it be?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It could be you need to search the forum. There's loads of these queries about dropping system pressure. Look first, come back if you can't find anything.

I been reading up since yesterday ,

hence i tried couple of things recommended here first

eg , clean the thremocoulpe,bleed the rads, etc

now im stuck need help

paul55 said:
I been reading up since yesterday ,

hence i tried couple of things recommended here first

eg , clean the thremocoulpe,bleed the rads, etc

now im stuck need help

Er...what have you been reading? The thermocouple doesn't feature strongly in pressure dropping. Try "expansion vessel".

Sponsored Links
First I thought it was a thermo couple as i thought it was

it was a pilot light problem because the pilot light kept going off.

then realise the pressure was dropping.

kevplumb, I don't understand why some people can't help themselves., but perhaps it is to do with the time of year. I have noticed that the quality of the questions over the year seems to be following the general education trend, ie downward.

Bacho, sorry, that one's beyond me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back