combi boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant vcw gb221h which has given good years service without many problems. It has now failed to fire up. I have isolated the problem to what I think is the thermal cutout (At the side of the boiler) two wires from it one to the electronics. If i remove the wire the system fires but there is no thermostatic control. My problem is i have mislaid the manual and can't tell if this is the correct part description.

Sponsored Links
I cannot work it out from your rather vague description. The problem is that I have no idea which wire you have disconnected! there are a lot of wires in a boiler.

As with all similar situations I would usually suggest you get a competent boiler engineer.

However if you have time you may be able to get the makers instructions and work out what is the problem.

Tony

Many thanks

I am sorry if the diescription seemed vague. What is definite is that when I disconnect the lead the boiler fires up, reconnect and I get immediate shut down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back