Combi boiler / power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to have a new bathroom installed and would ideally like a power shower. My plumber has told me that a pump can be fitted to the system to enable a power shower to be put in.

I was under the impression that this isnt possible if the hot water is heated by a combi boiler. Is this the case??

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You could install an unvented cylinder and pump the water from a storage tank into the cylinder, at the same time utilizing the balanced cold for the shower.

But other than that you can't install a pump on the mains

I was under the impression that this isnt possible if the hot water is heated by a combi boiler. Is this the case??
You are right, unless you have a hot water storage tank of some sort.

Sponsored Links
u should find the shower from a combi should be powerfull enough.
as long as you are getting a combi with a good litres per minute.
cold at mains pressure and hot not to far behind it (well, depends on the boiler as stated above)
you should find the shower good enough..but will suffer performance when someone else uses the water !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back