Combi Boiler Pressure Dropping - Re-Filling Most Days

Both issues need dealing with!
You don't say where on the valve it's leaking from.
Could be a compression joint ( undo and use sealant or ptfe tape on olive)
Could be valve spindle (tighten a touch or undo gland nut and wrap ptfe tape round spindle.
Could be thread on the radiator tail (may need removing to use sealant or ptfe tape to make good the joint.

The PRV needs either cleaning or replacing.
You need easy access and special 'C' type spanner to remove the head to clean it.
It's easier to remove it and replace with a brand new one.

Sponsored Links
Well, after the first day of around 200ml leaking out of the PRV, very little if any has leaked out in the last 3 days, but I still needed to top up in that time.

The TRV that I took off won't screw back on, or at least I can't work it out. It had a fresh leak from that radiator last night, but only a penny sized puddle. The other leaky radiator is dribbling very slightly from the top of the valve. Both radiators drip, or drip more, when the heating is off and they cool down. When the heating is on, the TRV one doesn't leak at all, and the non-TRV valve one leaks a lot less.

It could be time to get the plumber back and discuss the findings. I hope this is enough to go on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back